Friday, August 31, 2018

I love it. I hate it.

I love my job. Every day gives me happiness and joy in knowing I am helping people become the best they can be. Watching them grow by leaps and bounds, makes my heart sing. This is what I never knew I always wanted to do. 

I hate my job. The higher-ups are shady and the district is dysfunctional. The organization is burned out, tired, and unmotivated. Ideas are thrown around but never come to fruition. Dreams are stated, but nobody does anything to make them come true. I flounder when I really want to swim. I wither while I want to flourish and thrive. Without the support and interest of the people I need, I can't do this anymore.

I'm not one to settle, but sometimes I think I should just go back to what I was doing before and try to find the cushiest, highest paying job to do it. It's not what I really want, but it's still something I love. But that's not me. I don't settle. I don't do that anymore. But I'm doing it now. I need to leave this situation and find one that's better--more stable and supportive. 

I've given myself a year to secure a new position. This makes me scared, sad, excited, elated, and angry all at once. I never thought it would come to this. I love my job and though they may not always show it, the people I work with/for are good people with big hearts. They're just tired and ready for someone to take over for them. But those are excuses and excuses don't pay the rent. I need to move on. One more year to enjoy this and find every reason to remember why I took this job in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment