Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Commitment Phobes and Me *warning* foul language in this blog

So I seem to attract commitment phobes and people with a lack of ability to understand that a relationship is not just a few dates here and there when it's convenient. That's called dating and if that's what you are looking for, then be fucking clear about it.
Over the last 15-20 years I've "dated" and had relationships with the following kinds of people:

1. 8 years long but can't commit to marriage because "it's just a piece of paper". This was the ultimate demise of our relationship. After dating for 3 years and living together for 5, and no marriage in sight, I left. This was not without warning, nor offers to go to counseling (which were patently refused because "I don't need a counselor to tell me I need to get married when I obviously don't want to". Fast forward 15 years and this asshat is married with a child. He never wanted to kids which was the ONE thing we agreed on. Fucking asshole. And who the FUCK includes that info in their first contact after umpteen years when you find someone on Linked In. What a fucker.

2. Dated a guy for approximately a year and a half. He was always "busy" and scheduling time together was like pulling out a calendar and saying "hey, how's the next year looking for you?". He was married one year after we broke up. Cheat much?

3. Dated a guy for 3 months. Things are going well. He's taking it slow, but whatever, I'm fine with that. He invites me to go to LA for Thanksgiving but I can't go because I have a performance that weekend and would not make it back in time. So off he goes alone and comes back early to break up with me. WHAT? He quotes some cheesy poem about love being like a spark that catches fire. He says there's no spark. So I leave and he texts me to to say he didn't mean to break up with me. Well, I meant to break up with him. SO bite me.

All 3 of these asshats moved on to marry and/or have serious relationships. The common denominator is me, so perhaps I should be calling MYSELF the asshat. I don't know, but I'm NEVER dating anyone EVER again. FUCK MEN. If I could turn myself into a lesbian, I would.

In addition to these fuck-ups, though I went on a few dates with someone I'm fairly sure was married and or a woman, and also went on dates with many people who were clearly not who they said they were in their online profile. By the way, avoid online dating at all costs. Of course, most of my friends met their mates online so maybe it's just me.

I hate people. But not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment