Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Thursday, November 20, 2014

If I want your opinion....

I'll give it to you!

This is how my week has gone. I've come to realize that my opinion is not always wanted--it's validation of another's opinion that is what is being solicited. I try to choose my words carefully, try to be empathetic, try to be kind, and yet, I seem to land in the whirlwind of the mad hatter.

I have learned a lot about what it means to be a good leader. I've learned a lot about what it means to be an ineffective leader. Suffice it to say, I've been learning a great deal--which brings me to my next point. I've been taking classes and finding that the road I'm on isn't the one that's taking me where I want to go. I long to veer off the path and into unchartered territory where I know I could be happier. I want to spread my wings (oh how trite!) and try something new. I've finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.

I always thought I'd teach forever. I love teaching. I love the children and watching them learn--watching that "ah ah" moment when they finally get it. But then I get a glimpse of what else is out there and I wonder if that wouldn't make me feel more fulfilled.

I don't know the answer. I love everything I do for different reasons and as always, I want to do it all. I want to make a difference in this world. I definitely need a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment