Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The problem with texting

The problem with texting is that we don't hear the tone of voice. We do not see the the person's face. Therefore, it is easy to misunderstand or misinterpret someone's words. Emoticons can help, but they don't always prevent one or the other party from getting unnecessarily offended.

That said, if you know me well enough and we are texting, you KNOW I'm not intentionally offending you. I have shut off chat on FB and refuse to answer texts on my phone with anything more than "got it, thanks, talk to you later". If you do choose to reach out to me via text, FB message, or even email, and you get offended, it's on YOU. And please refrain from calling me names like "ridiculous" or "crazy". That's offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment