Thursday, September 1, 2016

Routines are my Friend

I've watched way too many videos about having routines, being organized, planning--everything from using a fancy planner complete with stickers and colored pens, highlighters, etc to scribbling a to-do list on a post-it note. Whatever works, I guess. I'm somewhere in the middle of that. I have a planner but I can do without the stickers and color coded whatever that takes more time to create than actually writing down everything that has to be done so I can move on and DO THE THINGS.

What I have realized over and over is that routines are my friend. They make me feel safe. I know what is going to happen and everything is predictable. Everything has its place. Except when it doesn't and I have a meltdown. But let's not go there. #perfectionist

Having a routine for everything from what happens when I walk in the front door, to what room I'm cleaning that day, and when I'm doing laundry is important to me. I need to see it in front of me. Work tasks, Chores, outside obligations, friends--everything. Planned and put in a place. 

This week was rough. My routines and carefully planned days were turned upside down. Things got rescheduled, moved around, canceled, changed...and none of it was a huge deal, but all of it together threw me off the edge. I hate when I get that way. I want to be even-keeled. I really do. But I'm not. #klonopinhelps

I don't know where this is going, but I'm looking forward to a long weekend to recharge my batteries and re-establish routines. Again.


No comments:

Post a Comment