Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dusting myself off

I'm dusting myself off, digging deep to find that confidence I once had, and going for it. I have decided to kick down the wall I built around myself and put myself out there. I may get rejected but I can't say I didn't try. 

And no, I'm not talking about dating. Because that's not happening. I've sworn off dating. People are strange and never who they say they are on those online dating sites (yes, I've tried them all) and besides that, I attract people who can't commit. Except after I break up with them and they marry someone else. So yeah...whatever. But that's not what I'm talking about here.

I'm talking about singing. Yes, singing. I'm dusting off the old confidence and singing like I used to do when I felt every emotion as I sang through the phrases--even those I never believed. I found something in the music or the text to hang my emotions on. And I sang like I never sang before. Where did that confidence go? I let something crush me and I should not have allowed it. So, I'm getting up, and I'm going to go out there and SING. I'm going to sing like I mean it and if it's not appreciated, then fk 'em.


No comments:

Post a Comment