Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Late Night Musings of a Type A Person Trying to Make it in this World

Seriously, I'm struggling. This world is not a place where I fit in. I'm not talking about clothes, and keeping up with Joneses or whatever--I'm talking about being a person who wants everything in its place, neat and tidy, and clean. A person who wants --no NEEDS--for people to answer their email/phone call/text in a timely fashion when it pertains to work or something for which I am responsible. Nothing irks me more than being held up on doing my job because I don't have an answer from someone. And then I wrestle with how much follow up is too much? Is 2 days too soon to send a "gentle reminder"? Is a week long enough? That "gentle reminder" is really more like ANSWER ME NOW OR I AM GOING to EXPLODE AND FURTHERMORE IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU I WILL ARRANGE THINGS MYSELF AND ASSUME YOUR OPINION IS NOT NEEDED. But that's not how the world is and as soon as I were to do that, I would certainly get an answer back. I just don't know how some people get out of bed in the morning and go to work. I don't even know how they keep their jobs! UGH.
So if you don't mind, could you get it done by yesterday? Thanks. I'm now going to lose sleep over everything that is out of my control. #TypeA #OCD #Perfectionist #worryisme




No comments:

Post a Comment