Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The grass is always greener

As I peer over the proverbial fence of life, it seems more often than not, the grass is greener on the other side. I see other people's accomplishments and suddenly mine seem pale in comparison and sometimes not even remotely worthy. I see other people's lives on facebook, instagram, and other social media and they're richer, thinner, more successful. The thing is these are snippets of people's lives--not the REAL life. Perhaps people peer over their fences and my life seems all sparkles and glitter to them. One never knows. It's not something anyone would admit. I know my life is good and I have much for which to be grateful. I guess we all need a reminder every now and then. And maybe we should stop peering over fences and looking around our own yard to see the beauty that's here.


No comments:

Post a Comment