Saturday, June 17, 2017

Meal Prep

Does anyone out there meal prep? By meal prep, I mean make food and put in it single portion containers for ready to heat up meals. I've found this to be particularly helpful because if it's already made, I will eat it. I hate cooking but this way I only have to cook once and I eat 3 or even 4 times depending on what I've made. This week I made rice and added black beans, onions, corn, and some shredded cheese. I'll top it with salsa or perhaps some crushed tortilla chips. On the side, I have broccoli and carrots. Voila---3 lunches and or dinners fully prepared with REAL food. I vary my meals each week and since I don't make enough for more than 3-4 meals, I of course, have to figure out what to eat for the rest of the day. That said, it helps SO MUCH. Sometimes I wonder if I could make meals for an entire week this way. Of course that brings out the OCD side of me that doesn't want to eat food that's more than 3 days old. Don't ask.

I've added this to my routines and usuallyI do it on Sundays. Today I did it and it's Saturday. I must say I paused before making the meal thinking it means it will all be a day older than I really want it to be. I think in reality it means, I'll just have to fend for myself sooner in the week. Sometimes I need to get over myself and realize things will all work out. I'm not good at that.

I was also hoping meal prepping would help me on my way to losing some unwanted weight. Being "of a certain age" means losing weight isn't always easy but gaining it sure is! *Unfair* I exercise daily (also routine) and I try to make good choices for my food. I sometimes fail at that, but at least I make an effort. 

We shall see if this addition to my routine makes a difference. Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment