Sunday, June 18, 2017

Off topic: YouTubers who respond to "hate" comments

Why do YouTubers (or anyone on social media) respond to "hate" comments? They must spend hours upon hours to
screen-shot the comments not to mention poring through comments to find the "best" ones. I can't understand why anyone would waste their energy on that--especially those who promote spreading love and positivity. Seems hypocritical to me. But I don't know them and I'm not a YouTuber so maybe I just don't get it. I recently watched 2 videos in which the people ranted about or actually read comments which they showed on their videos (as if people couldn't see them already?). It disturbs me because both of these people claim to be positive and loving. 

I've been called names, been threatened, and been made to feel small so much that I no longer comment. I'm almost scared to watch anymore. I still have my favorite channels, most of which include cleaning and organizing tips and mental health.


I'll leave this quote here as a reminder to myself and others that forgiveness is healthy. You don't have to forget, but forgiving will free your soul more than you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment