Monday, August 7, 2017

Standing Your Ground

Today I stood my ground. I sucked in the arrows I wanted to sling at people and was able to be direct all the time maintaining my professionalism. Surprisingly, I ended up getting what I wanted! I was flabbergasted but I guess standing your ground actually gets you somewhere. Sometimes. 
I'm not saying never be flexible (this coming from the most type A person I know) but stick to your beliefs and be strong. 

I came into the situation with great trepidation. I don't even know why because this isn't new to me, but there I was with an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach that simply would not disappear. As I said, though, I calmed down and was able to articulate what I needed and actually got it! 10 years ago, I would not have been able to do that. Ok, let's face it--two months ago, I couldn't even do that. #yayformodernmedicine #Ahem

I've come a long way in my life and in my career. I never thought I'd end up in this position but here I am and I LOVE it! I am happier than ever both in my job and in my life. I didn't know it was possible. I have to pinch myself sometimes. *pinch*




No comments:

Post a Comment