Friday, July 29, 2016

Type A to the MAX/Burning bridges

Ok, I am a self-professed, admittedly, unabashed, type A person. I live in a world of people who are not all like I am. It is difficult to navigate my way through this world sometimes. I need order. I need everything tied up in a bright purple bow and neatly put together wayyyyyyyy in advance. I don't like when things fall apart. I know...the best laid plans. Whatever. I'm not very tolerant of that. I'm also not tolerant of selective memories, selective hearing, and just plain shady behavior. When we have a deal, we have a deal. I hold up my end and you hold up yours. When you can't hold it up, just tell me. While I may be disappointed, I won't be angry. What WILL make me angry is when you don't hold up your end but you FAIL TO TELL ME ABOUT IT and then you simply avoid me. you have now burned your bridges. Chances are, at some point, you will need my help. I will have to consider whether or not I am able to give that help. I will not be enthused about going out of my way for you anymore. You have shattered my type A world and I don't like that. More importantly, you have shattered my trust. I trust nobody. Trust is extremely hard to earn and even harder to get back. I wish I could say I don't care, but sadly, I do. I care that I tried to please you and did everything you said, while you stabbed me in the back when I wasn't looking. I care that you put me in a predicament that I almost couldn't get out of because I had held up my end of the bargain. 
It galls me that I spend energy hating you. But I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment