Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year, New Start

Just like so many others, I am looking at a new year and thinking about new beginnings, fresh starts, and reaching new goals. I attempt to approach this with a bit of reality and a bit of cautious optimism. 
Here are some of my goals for 2017:

1. Be kinder to myself and others
2. Be more patient with myself and others
3. Focus on health
4. Spend more time with friends
5. Get and stay organized
6. Save more money
7. Sing more
8. Delete toxic people/things from my life

I'm sure I could keep going, but 8 things seems quite lofty so I'll keep it here. I hope I can keep at least ONE of these resolutions. I look back on past years and wonder how all of those promises I made to myself got lost in such a short time. How easily I make promises to myself and how easily I can forget them or make excuses for not keeping them. I want to change. I want this year to be different. I want to be true to myself and not do things because I think it will please others, but because I want to better myself.

Here's to a great 2017.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment