Saturday, January 21, 2017

Planning really works

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Planning really works. It just does. It seems like a daunting task when you start, but once you're in a routine (yay for routines!) it's easy. I just looked at a pile of dishes needing to be put away. I spent more time fretting over doing it than it actually took to do the task. I have overhauled my routines and my planning over the last year--I've described it in some of my earlier posts if you're interested--and it has changed my life. I clean much more efficiently and things that used to take hours and drive me crazy as they piled up in front of my ever increasing anxiety ridden eyes, only take minutes to complete. And it's all because of planning. 

I am actually very proud of myself for achieving this goal of being able to say I clean my house efficiently by breaking down into small parts so I never have to say "I have to clean my entire house today". And nothing gets a chance to get totally foul when it's cleaned on a regular basis.
There are a few other (ok, more than a few!) things for which I need to use this same method, but progress has been made. Let's see how much I can accomplish this year!

2017, we're going to get even MORE organized! Bring it on!





No comments:

Post a Comment