Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A New Year, A New Start

Where has the time gone? It's January 1, 2019. How long will it take me to remember to write that on checks, contracts, etc? 

Every January 1, I feel a sense of excitement and dread. Excitement that it's a time to start fresh, start new habits, improve myself, and be more intentional in everything I do. Dread because time flies and forces me to face my mortality as well as that of my parents and friends. But let us focus on the good.

I am working on having achievable goals. I know that breaking things down into small pieces ensures success. I am going to work diligently on doing just that. I want to feel successful and instead of making lofty goals that are too big to face at once, thus making me feel like a failure after a week, I will break down those goals into small chunks that are bound to be successful. I also want to practice what I preach which is that just because I didn't achieve a goal, it doesn't mean I failed. I start again from where I left off (note I did not say from the beginning). 

Goals for January
Stay on budget for eating out ($40/mo)
Put $50 more into savings than last month ($12.50/wk)
Lose 8 pounds (2 pounds a week)
1 day a week without dairy 






No comments:

Post a Comment