Saturday, July 15, 2017

On Trying to be Perfect

So often we try to be perfect. All too often and usually always, we fail. Perfection is a dream--an impossible dream that nobody can achieve. But that doesn't stop us from reaching for it. Desperately reaching into the void for some shred of the magic of whatever we believe is perfect.
when we fail, we beat ourselves up until we vow to try harder. The cycle repeats unrelenting and unforgiving just as we are with ourselves.

After a long climb out of the darkness, I finally feel human again. I feel "balanced" and I do not fear the sudden loss of emotional control. With that said, I still see my imperfections and want to correct them, especially now that I've come this far. I'm not saying my moods are perfect, but in comparison to the hell I lived, this is paradise. Except for one thing. I need to change that one nagging thing. I need to turn it around and make it as close to perfect as humanly possible. I don't know how long it will take or if I will ever get there, but I will never stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment