Sunday, May 14, 2017

When You're Not Invited

Despite my best efforts, when it comes to being on the A-list for events, I don't usually make the cut. I see happy pictures on social media of people I thought were my friends having a great time at one place or another. I see people who I didn't even know were friends of the host(ess) and I start to wonder if I'm oblivious to the fact that I am persona non grata. I thought I had wonderful friends and people liked me. I was wrong. I need new friends but when you're "of a certain age" it's not so easy. Everyone has their group of people. Everyone has their tribe. And they don't need a newcomer. Sigh. I guess I could repair the friendships I thought I had, but it's hard to repair what you didn't know was broken. 

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will ALWAYS hurt me. 

Left out.


No comments:

Post a Comment