Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Wind out of my sails

Well, that took the wind outta' my sails. I was so excited about going to visit a friend I've not seen in ages. It all seemed too good to be true when our plans worked out. Then the proverbial other shoe dropped. Sigh. I am going to be the third wheel. Instead of a fun weekend hanging out, shopping, drinking, relaxing, chatting, it's going to be a weekend of being "on". In other words, it won't be a short vacation. I know it's selfish, but I didn't want to have to deal with anyone outside our friendship. I don't want to have to be put together and afraid to walk around in pajamas. I don't want to feel like I'm leaving someone behind or that I'm being left behind--i.e. third wheel. 

I wish I could just cancel the trip and either stay home or go somewhere else. I know my friend would be disappointed and I can't let on that I feel this way. I can't let on WHY I feel this way. I guess I'll just have to make the best of it. I was hoping for more as I've spent the last year making the best of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment