Thirty-sixteen years on this planet and I've learned a lot... I will try to come up with thirty-sixteen of them (that's 46 if you don't know me and the fact that I still wish and refuse to believe I'm not still in my 30's)
1. You can't please everyone.
2. Be yourself no matter what.
3. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
4. Trust is hard to earn and even harder to earn back.
5. The truth sometimes hurts but it's always the best policy.
6. People are not always who they seem to be.
7. You never know what goes on behind closed doors.
8. NOBODY is perfect no matter what you think.
9. The grass is often greener on the other side.
10. Do what you love and love what you do.
11. No job (relationship, friendship) is worth sacrificing your sanity.
12. Never ever stay in an abusive relationship.
13. Don't stay together "for the kids". Get divorced.
14. Manners matter
15. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
16. You do not owe anyone an explanation for the way you feel.
17. No means no.
18. You don't have to explain why your answer is no.
19. Try not to go to sleep angry.
20. Agree to disagree.
21. Fight fair.
22. You can be happy or you can be right.
23. Sometimes it IS your fault.
24. Always being the victim is unattractive.
25. Smiles are contagious.
26. If you're a teacher, your students will teach you more than you can ever teach them. Pay attention.
27. I've learned that forgiving doesn't always mean forgetting.
28. The small things don't matter in the end.
29. Cancer sucks.
30. Hold your loved ones tight because you never know when they'll be gone.
31. Music heals.
32. Singing in a choir means being part of something bigger than yourself and having the ability to create something you could never create alone.
33. Be able to say you're sorry.
34. Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
35. Therapy can help but sometimes it hurts. Knowing the difference can save your life.
36. Building each other up is always better than tearing someone down.
37. Secrets are poison.
38. Sometimes it's ok to put yourself first.
39. It's not about being the best, it's about doing your best.
40. If you have a roof over your head, food on the table, clothes on your back, and money in your pocket, you are doing better than most of the world.
41. Be grateful.
42. Respect is earned not just given.
43. Being grateful is difficult sometimes.
44. We're all human.
45. Donald Trump is dangerous and scary.
46. This list was difficult to make!