1. Do you go by a nickname? Yes, many. AV, Amethyst, Ms. Purple, and more.
2. When driving, do you listen to CD’s, tapes, the radio or nothing? NPR or other talk radio. Sometimes a CD (yes, my car is old school but it's paid off!)
3. Are you a window person or an aisle person? If traveling alone, aisle. If with someone I know, window.
4. How do you relieve stress? Exercise, having a drink, cleaning.
5. What’s your favorite childhood TV show? Very young: Sesame St, Elementary school: Brady Bunch
6.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Babysitter, teacher, hairdresser.
7.What was the best prank you ever pulled off? Never have.
8.If you could have dinner with any three people, whom would you choose? Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, and Ira Glass. Also Anderson Cooper. Ok, that's four, but I don't follow directions well.
9.If you could get back any article of clothing you once wore, what would it be? My recital dress.
10.If you could hire any actor to portray you in a movie, who would you chose? Meryl Streep, Maggie Smith, Helen Mirren, or anyone with a quick wit and a sense of humor.
11.If you could play any instrument, which would you play? Piano (better than I do), Violin (interestingly, I've had lessons in both and still suck!)
12.If you could hear anyone in history give a speech, whom would you hear? Martin Luther King, Fred Rogers
13.If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live? Florence, Italy.
14.If you could make any fictional character come to life, which would it be? Castle
15. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Witch, Ghost, Gypsy.
16. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed
17.If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be? Homer Simpson
18. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? No, they're yucky.
19. Have you stolen a street sign before? No.
20. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? In
21. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Bear
22. Do you always smile for pictures? If forced to, yes.
23. Have you peed in the woods? Yes.
24. What size is your bed? Queen
25.What was the best concert you ever attended? Hard to say, but probably something at Tanglewood--Itzhak Perlman, Jessie Norman, Frederica von Stade, and Kinsey Sicks in SF were among the very best. Also Divo.
26. What is your song of the week? All of Me.
27. Do you still watch cartoons? No.
28. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? When I sent my ESD a birthday card.
29. How many languages can you speak? One fluently, one poorly (used to be fluent but lost it), one horrendously.
30. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.
31. What was your first concert? Corey Hart
32. Cheetos or Fritos? Cheetos.
33. Can you curl your tongue? Yes
34. Ever won a spelling bee? Never been in one.
35. Own a record player? Not anymore.
36. Who would you like to see in concert? Andrea Bocceli, Renee Flemming, Jimmy Buffett
37. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles? Snickerdoodles
38. Can you swim well? Yes
39. Are you patient? Not always.
40. DJ or band at a wedding? Band.
41. Ever won a contest? Yes.
42. Do you have kids? No
43. Do you want kids? No