Sunday, January 3, 2016

New year's resolutions

They seem to be the same every year. I always vow to lose 1000 pounds, get organized, and save more money. And here I am yet again with the very same resolutions. Why is it that they do not work? Are they inherently flawed or are they just unreasonable? I wonder if I should start thinking about different resolutions or not making them at all since I always end up in December feeling ashamed and disappointed. About 2 (3?) years ago, I made a resolution to exercise every day no matter what and I have to say I have stuck to that. It hasn't made a difference in anything but my ability to blow off steam-which, if you know me, is a huge thing. Ahem.
I would just like to achieve that smaller body I know is inside hiding under this fat, blob I've become. I don't even know how I got here. Sigh. I could go back to my "ways" and sometimes I do, but I need to commit to something...ANYTHING. This is not working and I seem to be getting larger and larger. And not in a good way.

So here I say once again:
I will lose 50 pounds (hopefully more but that is a nice round number to start with--can't help but notice the irony of the word "round").

I will save more money--seems like I should be able to do this since I got a better paying job.

I will be more organized--clean up computer files and not let papers pile up.

Ready.....set.....GO!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment