Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Stand up and Fight Back

Random thoughts before this blog entry: I started this out as a blog about routines, cleaning, Type A living, and all things almost OCD. It has morphed into more of a random post blog. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'll have to think about that. Now for today's entry.

Stand up and fight back. We've been hearing for months now, maybe even longer. It's difficult to keep fighting back when the face of adversity stares us down every day. But we must keep our voices loud. We must keep making ourselves heard. There is no other way. If we remain silent, that means were complicit. If we remain silent, we have no recourse when things do not change. 

Lately, I have felt as if the world is crashing down on me and everyone I love. History is repeating itself in no uncertain terms and if you can't see it, open your eyes wider. It's all around us. Discrimination, dehumanization, and just plain disgusting treatment of people all over. I cannot and will not take this sitting down. I'm mostly an introvert, but I conjured up the courage to go to a rally recently. It was so empowering! So many people with signs and cheers and voices breaking the silence the politicians want. I was sad that I didn't make a sign, but as a dear friend said, showing up is what counts. I showed up. 

It's hard to imagine what the world will become. I just hope we save it before it's too late.



No comments:

Post a Comment